Partnering with Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale is a great opportunity to host a fundraising event helping to fulfill our mission of enabling all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Our staff is available to provide ideas and guidance on best practices in fundraising, logistics and the guest experience.
The measures in this guide ensure that all third-party events adhere to established protocols and comply with federal and state fundraising rules and regulations.
THIRD-PARTY EVENT TERMS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Please submit your application at least 30 days in advance of the proposed event date. BGCS will review the application and provide a final decision on applications within seven (7) business days of receipt. All events are approved or declined on a case by case basis.
- If your event is approved, BGCS will provide a “Letter of Agreement” to sign before event fundraising or promotion begins to serve as the formal agreement for both parties (BGCS and event organizer).
- The event organizer(s) must submit an application for approval from BGCS to repeat an event in each succeeding year.
- Third-Party Events must be aligned with the BGCS Mission and not in conflict with BGCS Values.
- Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all necessary event permits and liability waivers.
- Event organizers must provide their own liability insurance that covers events when applicable.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America and BGCS will not assume any legal or financial responsibility for your event.
- To protect the privacy of our donors, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale will not provide donor contact information or proprietary mailing lists.
- Before soliciting businesses for sponsorship or donations, you must receive approval from BGCS. Many organizations already have a long-standing partnership with BGCS and may not wish to make additional donations.
- Any promotion to provide a portion of sales or proceeds must clearly state “Proceeds will benefit Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale.”
- BGCS, may at any time, through any of its directors, officers or senior administrators direct you to cancel the event should any extenuating circumstances warrant (health reasons, safety, weather etc.). You hereby agree to cancel the event, if so directed, and further agree to release BGCS and its directors, officers and employees from any and all liability and connections to any such action.
- The support provided by the BGCS Events Director will be limited— which may include answering questions, providing recommendations and advice on the development of event materials, and timelines.
- The use of Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale’s name and logo on any promotional materials including but not limited to: press releases, flyers, invitations, letters, and websites must be approved by Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale.
- Third-Party Events must not require any financial contribution from or financial risk to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale. Event organizers must sign Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale’s Special Event and Licensing Agreement.
- If event expenses are greater than the total collected, the group or individual holding the event is responsible for payment of these additional expenses.
- Logo usage and brand requirements to help promote the event will be provided once the Letter of Agreement is signed. While BGCS staff assistance with the event is limited, all promotional materials must be approved by the BGCS Marketing Department. (See Logo & Marketing Terms on page 4.)
- The IRS requires all tickets, invitations or entry forms to state what portion of the contribution is tax deductible and any portion that is considered non tax-deductible.
- Proceeds will be delivered no later than seven (7) days following the completion of the event to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale ATTN: Special Events Director 10533 E. Lakeview Dr. Scottsdale, AZ 85258
- The event organizer should maintain complete and accurate records containing all information required for computation and verification. Within 30 days of the fundraising event, please send a final accounting of income and expenses to BGCS along with all financial and other records that relate to the event.
- A check presentation photo opportunity will be scheduled within 30 days of the event.
- No proceeds may be kept as profit for the organizing event.
LOGO & MARKETING TERMS FOR THIRD-PARTY EVENTS
- Logo artwork along with the BGCS Brand Standards guide will be provided when the Letter of Agreement is signed.
- All logo usage and brand requirements must be followed.
- The BGCS name and logo may not be used in a manner that may suggest that BGCS is a sponsors of the event. As an alternative, it may be used in a second line identifying the relationship such as “Name of Event, benefiting Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale”.
- Printed materials and other information should state, “Proceeds will benefit Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale. For additional information, please call Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale at 480-344-5520.”
- The BGCS Marketing Department must review and approve all promotional materials, including but not limited to press releases, public service announcements, scripts, posters, invitations etc. prior to use, release, publication.
- Participants must be informed that they may be photographed and any photos submitted to BGCS may be used for news or promotional purposes in future BGCS publications, including social media.
HANDLING THIRD-PARTY EVENT PROCEEDS
- Event proceeds should be submitted to BGCS within seven (7) days following the completion of your event or as agreed to in writing. Proceeds should be mailed or delivered to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater ScottsdaleATTN: Special Events Director10533 E. Lakeview Dr. Scottsdale, AZ 85258
- Contributions are tax-deductible only if they are made directly to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale
- The event organizer is responsible for collecting and reporting to BGCS the name and contact information of all sponsors and donors.
- Donor information must accompany any monetary donation in order for a tax receipt to be provided. Use the Third-Party Fundraising Donor List provided and include date, name, address, gift amount and if the donation was cash or check. Donations made online using the BGCS website will be issued a receipt automatically.
- The event organizer is responsible for informing participants that the tax-deductible amount of a donation is only the amount over and above the fair market value of goods and services provided. Purchased items, like raffle tickets and auction items are typically not tax-deductible.
- By providing personal information, donors grant permission to receive communications from BGCS.
FUNDRAISING EVENT IDEAS
- Golf or Cornhole Tournament Acquire sponsorships and/or charge participant fees.
- Run/Walk/Climb/Cycle Ask for pledges for miles, steps or spins.
- Breakfasts/Lunches/Dinners & Galas Ask for sponsorships and/or donations from guests.
- Shop for a Cause Percentage of total sales donated back to BGCS. Can be hosted at a store or in a private residence.
- Birthday/Wedding/Other Special Occasion Ask guests to donate in lieu of gifts.
- Workplace Casual Dress Day, Pay to Park or Vacation Day Collect dollars for a Friday casual day, pay to park close or give a day off to an individual or team with the greatest percentage of tax-credit donations.
- Lemonade Stand/Bake Sale Involve your kids to help Club kids.
- Silent Auction/Raffle Raise money by including a silent auction or raffle at your next gathering.
- Bunko Night/Poker Night/Wine or Beer Tasting Charge a fee to attend tasting or game night. Include a raffle or auction to add to your fundraising goal.